Wednesday 23 May 2012

Haul: H&M, Dorothy Perkins and beauty products

The sun was shining last week, and it was pay day...so naturally I felt a strong urge pushing me towards the shops in order to freshen up my summer wardrobe! 

First stop was H&M.  I was so impressed with their summer collection, I'll definitely be going back and purchasing a few more things! 

~ Here's the first item I bought - a red sleeveless chambray dress (as you would notice in my previous Friday Fancies post I love chambray!) . This retails at £14.99 and also comes in a blue denim colour.  The shape of the dress is very flattering, and I am very tempted to go back and purchase the blue version of this as well.



~ Next up is another sleeveless dress with a jersey top attached, retailing at £12.99.  This also comes in other colours, but I went for the grey top and blue flared flower print skirt.



~  I then went on to another favourite shop of mine - Dorothy Perkins.  I wasn't intending to buy a new pair of sunglasses, but I saw this salmon coloured pair and I couldn't resist, especially at only £6.00


                                                    

                                                 Now on to the beauty products!

~  I've walked past the Barbara Daly make up counter so many times in Tesco, so I though I'd give one of her products a go.  I went for her 'oil free foundation' in the shade porcelain.


I was so disappointed with this unfortunately.  It left my skin with a few dry patches, which is so weird as my skin type is oily / combination.  I am still yet to find my holy grail foundation! 


~  I've heard lots of people raving about the benefits of dry shampoo, but have never tried it....until this week!  I purchased the Batiste dry shampoo in a floral scent.


I have to say I was very impressed - it doesn't leave your hair feeling sticky at all and it's not obvious that you're wearing it either.  I'll definitely be purchasing this product again once it runs out.


                                                   That's it for now!

                                                            xx                                                                       



16 comments:

  1. I can't walk into H&M without buying something! And Dorothy Perkins has so may pretty things that's hard too!

    Shame about the foundation, and I love dry shampoo! I tend to use it after work since I have dreadful hat hair lol

    Lisamello xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dry shampoo is a great invention isn't it!

      Delete
  2. I love Dorothy Perkins, although being in the States I only shop there online. I would LOVE to be able to walk in her stores, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, it's a great shop! im so glad they ship to the US though yay!

      Delete
  3. Haqve you tried Bared Minerals makeup? I swear by it for everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo no i haven't actually! thanks for the tip, i'll give that a go!

      Delete
  4. oooh love the Dorothy Perkins sunnies. So cute. I'm definitely checking out Dorothy Perkins tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it! so many great outfits there at the moment!

      Delete
  5. Oooh love your dresses! So pretty and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Dorothy Perkins! I would go there all the time when I lived in London. They need one here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they should come to the US, it's my favourite shop i think!

      Delete
  7. Love that foundation, Thanks for the comment you left, my GFC has been playing up, so I would love it if you could follow me via Bloglovin,

    Best wishes,
    aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, i want everything. fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for LaurenConrad.com xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete