Monday 25 February 2013

Oscar fashion 2013

Pale and nude colours are the way forward, according to the trends seen at this year's Oscars. 

A lot of the pale dresses that I saw were a bit hit and miss for me personally, but the ones who got it right looked simply stunning.  Here's Jennifer Lawrence, looking amazing in this Dior gown. I love her even more for falling over and carrying on with a smile on her face.



Anne Hathaway also opted for a pink gown, this time (suprisingly) wearing a Prada creation.  Now, I'm not in love with this look I'm afraid, but the details on the back of the dress make me like it just a little bit more.


My personal favourite of the night, Jessica Chastain in an Armani Prive nude gown.  This look is very old Hollywood glamour, a look which she pulls off so well. 



Suprisingly, I also like this Alexis Mabille creation worn by the beautiful Zoe Saldana.  I would give that belt a miss, but apart from that this look is just gorgeous!




A special mention also goes to Kate Bosworth, wearing this Giambattista Valli short dress at the Vanity Fair party.  Her face is just perfection, I love this girl!


(pics via here)

What did you think of this year's gowns? 

xx

9 comments:

  1. Love the back of Anne Hathaway's dress but the front ... ummm ... too much nip LOL

    Hope you had a fab weekend!
    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jennifer Lawrence hit it out of the park! What a gorgeous ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J Law and Jessica Chastain looked so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Jennifer Lawrence's dress. She is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many of the dresses were very predicable but I did love JL in Dior. She looked stunning!


    xx
    Ashley
    www.goldendivine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fan of Jennifer!!

    xx
    http://thepocketbookblogg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post!<3




    http://nekinovi-klinci.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer and Zoe were my faves! Adore this post, love. So fabulous! If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete